Emotions is a 6-week series where kids will learn how to handle and express their emotions from Jesus, Himself with some fun emojis. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. We are continuing to include an easy to use alternative family option for churches who are unable to do small groups or who remain virtual.
Series Verse: “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Family resource (alternative to small groups)
- Service slides
- Additional social media graphics
- Emotion – Happy
- Bible Story – Jesus Sends Disciples (Luke 10:1-21 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I am happy when I tell others about Jesus.
- Weekly Verse – “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.” (Romans 15:13a NLT)
- Emotion – Sad
- Bible Story – Jesus and Lazarus (John 11 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I am sad when the people I care about are sad.
- Weekly Verse – “Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.” (Ecclesiastes 7:3 NLT)
- Emotion – Angry
- Bible Story – Jesus Clears the Temple (John 2:13-16 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I get angry sometimes, but I can control it.
- Weekly Verse – “And ‘don’t sin by letting anger control you.’ Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.” (Ephesians 4:26-27 NLT)
- Emotion – Worried
- Bible Story – Jesus Teaches on Worry (Matthew 6:25-34 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I don’t need to worry because God knows my needs.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” (Philippians 4:6 NLT)
- Emotion – Pride
- Bible Story – Jesus Hangs Out with “Scum” (Mark 2:13-17 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I need to lose the pride and stay humble!
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3 NLT)
- Emotion – Love
- Bible Story – Jesus Loves His Enemies (Matthew 5:38-47 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can love others even when they don’t like me.
- Weekly Verse – “Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.” (1 Peter 4:8 NLT)