Kings: Good vs. Evil is an 8-week series where kids will learn how power can be used for good and for evil. They will learn the importance of using the power God has given them for good. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. We are continuing to include an easy to use alternative family option for churches who are unable to do small groups or who remain virtual.
Series Verse: “For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:8-10 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Family resource (alternative to small groups)
- Service slides
- Additional social media graphics
- King – Solomon
- Bible Story – A Wise King with a Big Downfall (1 Kings 2:1-4;3:3-14;11:1-13 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – Never stop being faithful to God.
- Weekly Verse – “He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to him.” (Proverbs 2:8 NLT)
- King – Asa
- Bible Story – Asa Restores Judah (1 Kings 15:9-22 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – Do good even when evil is all around you.
- Weekly Verse – “Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.” (Psalm 34:14 NLT)
- King – Baasha
- Bible Story – One Bad Choice After Another (1 Kings 15:25-16:7 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – Bad choices always have consequences.
- Weekly Verse – “Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.” (Galatians 6:8 NLT)
- King – Ahab
- Bible Story – Naboth’s Vineyard (1 Kings 21 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – My choices affect the people around me.
- Weekly Verse – “So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.” (Romans 14:13 NLT)
- King – Jehoshaphat
- Bible Story – Jehoshaphat and Ahab Become Allies (1 Kings 22:1-5; 41-50 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – Good will always be more powerful than evil.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.” (Romans 12:21 NLT)
- King – Ahaziah
- Bible Story – Ahaziah vs. Elijah (1 Kings 22:51-2 Kings 1:1-17 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God gives us power when we make good choices.
- Weekly Verse – “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” (James 1:12 NLT)
- King – Hezekiah
- Bible Story – God Answers Hezekiah’s Prayers (2 Kings 18:1-8; 20:1-11 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God sees our choices and hears our prayers.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayers of the righteous.” (Proverbs 15:29 NLT)
- King – Josiah
- Bible Story – Josiah Repents (2 Kings 22-23:25 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – When we make bad choices we can always ask for forgiveness.
- Weekly Verse – “People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13 NLT)